Common ailments

If you have a health concern please seek medical advice.

Your local pharmacy offers healthcare advice for fevers, upset stomach, headaches, aches and pains, providing over the counter medicines to treat the ailment. They can also perform checks for conditions such as High Blood Pressure or Diabetes.

If you have ear pain, back pain or symptoms that wont go away make an appointment with your GP or practice nurse.

If it cannot wait and your GP practice is closed (evenings and weekends) then call your normal surgery number and you will be put through to the GP Out-of-Hours service.

For sprains, fractures, minor burns, skin infections and the like Nottingham has an Urgent Care Centre. Visit Urgent Care Centre for details.

If you are unsure where to go phone 111 – they can assess you over the phone and direct you to the most appropriate NHS service.

Remember, A&E at the hospital is for emergencies only.