Urgent Care Centre
NHS Urgent Care Centre
Seaton House, London Road, Nottingham NG2 4LA
Tel: 0115 883 8500
The Urgent Care Centre is open every day of the year including weekends and bank holidays between 7am and 9pm and you don't need an appointment, just walk in.
The Urgent Care Centre provides access to assessment and treatment if you need help with an urgent health problem.
The service aims to be a real alternative to visiting the emergency department (ED) for non-life threatening injury and illness that needs treating straight away. You should have a shorter waiting time than if you visit ED /the hospital.
The centre offers assessment and treatment for urgent health conditions such as:
- Minor burns or scalds
- Minor head injuries with no loss of consciousness
- Skin infections or animal bites
- Suspected broken bones, sprains and strains (X-ray facilities are available) - if you have a fracture, the Urgent Care Centre will provide appropriate treatment on site and arrange for you to have follow-up care at the fracture clinic
- Eye infections or minor eye injuries
- Open wounds or cuts that may require suturing (stitches)
An urgent dental service is also available on-site that can provide free advice on dental problems. The operating hours are:
Monday 8.30am - 5.45pm
Tuesday 8.30am - 6.45pm
Wednesday 8.30am - 5.45pm
Thursday 8.30am - 6.45pm
Friday 8.30am - 5.45pm
Saturday 8.00am - 12.45pm
The Urgent Care Centre is not appropriate for:
- Non-urgent treatment that could be provided by your GP or a pharmacist
- Routine services such as blood tests or sutures (stitches) removal
- Minor health problems such as coughs and colds - you can get advice and over-the-counter treatments from a pharmacist.
- Children aged under two – please contact 111 for advice on the best service available
- Pregnant women – please contact 111 for advice on the best service available for you
For advice on a health problem or if you aren’t sure which NHS service to use telephone 111, it is free to call from a landline or mobile and open 24 hours a day.
- There is no longer a walk-in service based at Clifton Cornerstone
- There is no longer a walk-in service at the Health Centre on Upper Parliament Street but it remains open as a GP practice for registered patients.
For more information please contact NHS Nottingham City Clinical Commissioning Group Patient Experience Team on 0115 883 9570 or email email@example.com